BOARD OF TRUSTEES
It is composed of naval architects, marine engineers, Master Mariners, electrical engineers, maritime lawyers and other maritime practitioners with the highest competency and reputation in their field of specialization. They contribute to the work of PRS by establishing policies, promulgate rules and standards for the administration and implementation of PRS' safety advocacy programs and various related activities. The Board consists of fifteen (15) Trustees elected yearly from the general membership. The Board meets every last Wednesday of the month.
PRS ADVISORY COUNCIL
This multi-sectoral Council plays a vital role in the sustainability of PRS' advocacy for "Safe Seas Always" by providing expert advise to the Board of Trustees. It is composed ofindustry leaders coming from the various maritime sectors like shipowners, shipyards, regulatory bodies, insurers and professional organizations. They include:
- Philippine Interisland Shipping Association (PISA - www.philippine-interisland.com)
- Shipyards Association of the Philippines (ShAP)
- Filipino Shipowners Association (FSA - www.filship.org)
- Marine Underwriters Association of the Philippines (MUAP)
- Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA - www.marina.gov.ph)
- Philippine Coast Guard (PCG - www.coastguard.gov.ph)
- Philippine Navy (PN - www.navy.mil.ph)
- Bureau of Fisheries & Aquatic Resources (BFAR - www.bfar.da.gov.ph)
- Society of Naval Architects & Marine Engineers (SONAME - www.soname.org)
- Masters & Mates Association of the Philippines (MMAP - mastersandmatesphil.org)
- Maritime Law Association of the Philippines (MARLAW - www.marlawph.com)
- The Maritime League (www.maritimeleague.com)
- and other leading Filipino ship owners and maritime organizations
This is composed by executive officers elected from among the Trustees and consisting of the Chairman, Vice-chairman, President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary.
This Committee administers the Rules and Standards of the organization. It evaluates and deliberates on the findings and recommendations of its surveyors and technical experts and determines the issuance of classification certificates and subsequent inclusion of vessels in its Register of Ship.
This Committee is composed of various technical experts possessing extensive knowledge and wide experience in their respective maritime professional fields. It develops and updates the Rules and Standards of the organization. Its work is vital to the development of Rules and Standards and their application to vessels under classification.
SURVEYORS & TECHNICAL STAFF
Our exclusive surveyors have a long-standing reputation for integrity, impartiality and technical excellence. Our technical staff conducts systematic evaluation and examination of the ship plans and drawings to determine the adequacy of the design, structural integrity of the hull and reliability of machinery and equipment in conformity with PRS Class Rules. Our plan review on stability, strength and hydrostatic calculations uses the latest "Maxsurf" software. We work closely with shipowners and shipyards to ensure that their ships continue to be seaworthy in accordance with the Rules. PRS staff have high work ethics and works seamlessly together as one Team PRS.